Air Conditioner Cleaning | Aircon Cleaner Brisbane
Why It’s Important To Have Your AC Servicing When the Season Changes | Fix My AC Services Brisbane
Activate the Cool inside You. Make the Coolest moments!
Air conditioners are a major component of the climate control system and an essential aspect of a healthy living environment. They keep your home or workplace at a comfortable temperature and remove moisture from the air to save you from the adverse effects of humidity. In this post, you’ll learn why it’s important to have your air conditioner serviced when the season changes.
Bring in Joy of Pure Breathing
Your AC gives you the joy of pure breathing!
In Brisbane, the air quality is relatively good year-round compared to other major cities around the world.
However, like many other places in Australia, Brisbane does experience short-term extreme pollution events that often exceed national daily air pollution limits, such as dust storms and bushfires. This poses health risks to Brisbane’s 2.5 million residents. So, one of the ways to prevent polluted air from entering your homes is to install air conditioning. It will help you breathe healthy and fresh air. However, this process will reverse if you are not able to keep your air conditioner clean.
Should I clean my air conditioner, and how I would know when to do so? Why should I even do this? Does it require any professional help? How to check that my air conditioner is efficient enough to cool smoothly? This article will help you understand all these questions.
Do you ever have problems with your air conditioner not cooling properly?
This is a very common problem that many people have. Sometimes the air conditioner doesn’t cool properly, and it’s due to a number of reasons, such as
- The room’s thermostat is set too high or too low.
- There may be an obstruction in front of the vent that is preventing cool air from coming out.
- The filter may need to be replaced.
- If your air conditioner produces a strong odour, it is a sign that it is not cooling properly and needs to be cleaned.
Why does your air conditioner smell?
History has shown us that the odours from air conditioners come from one of these four reasons.
1. Microbiological: caused by bacterial and fungal growth such as mould.
2. drainage: biofilms, toxic slime and sludge can accumulate in clogged and poorly draining condensate pans, which can also cause unpleasant odours.
3. rodents and pests: small animals such as mice, rats, geckos and bats are often trapped and sometimes electrocuted, resulting in their death and the lingering odour.
4. Environment: factors such as air conditioning nearby or in a kitchen will cause odour problems from time to time, depending on what is on the menu.
Would a specialised service be worth paying for if I have a big house with lots of rooms and doors to open and close on my AC unit?
No, because the amount of labour that would be required for this service is not worth the money.
It is tough to give a simple yes or no answer to this question. The reason is that the purpose of an air conditioner is to cool your home. If you have more than one room, it might be worth paying for a service that helps you cool multiple rooms better.
Do you know of any particular brands of cleaners that are more effective than others at removing dirt and grime from your air conditioner unit?
We don’t know of any particular brands of cleaners that are more effective than others at removing dirt and grime from your air conditioner.
However, we recommend using an all-purpose cleaner and water to clean the air conditioner in your home.
Have you ever worried about getting sick from all the dust that gets into the air when you clean an air conditioner?
You can reduce the amount of dust that gets into the air when cleaning an air conditioner by doing a few things.
The simplest thing you can do is use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. This will trap particles and dirt that can’t get into the air.
Second, you should close off the room you are cleaning so no one can get in while you are cleaning. This will keep the air in the room clean and free of outside particles like pollen, mould, and other allergens.
Finally, wear a mask and gloves when cleaning your air conditioner to protect your lungs and skin from inhaling dangerous airborne particles that could cause allergic reactions or infections in sensitive areas like your eyes or mouth.
Any sort of chemicals that you use to clean your air conditioner?
You can use any chemical to clean your air conditioner, such as ammonia, chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, and so on.
However, we recommend you to avoid using any kind of chemicals. They have an antiseptic effect on skin tissue but can damage the lungs if ingested in high concentrations (when exposed to humid air). Instead, use a simple water pressure pump to clean your air conditioner, as I mentioned above.
Do you think it is easy for an ordinary person like me to learn how to properly clean their air conditioner and save money in the process?
Yes, an ordinary person like you can learn how to clean your air conditioner properly and save money in the process.
It will be difficult at first because you will have to get used to doing things that are not always easy. You will also have to get your hands dirty, which can be a little uncomfortable, but worth it in the end.
First, find out what kind of air conditioner you have so you know what kind of maintenance is required for your particular unit.
For example, if your air conditioner is outdated and has to be replaced, you may need to take further steps, such as replacing the filters or even replacing the entire system.
You can follow these steps to clean your air conditioner properly:
Steps to clean the air conditioner inside
- Turn off the air conditioner
- Open the air conditioner. Clean the evaporator coils of the air conditioner.
- Clean the AC drain pan
- Clean the air conditioner drain if it is clogged.
- Close the AC damper
To clean the outside of your air conditioner
- Disconnect and remove the AC grille
- Remove any debris from inside the air conditioner
- Clean the AC coils and fins
- Align the cooling fins of the air conditioner
- Clean the area around the AC unit
- Level the air conditioner
What are some things that would help me get my AC cleaned better and quicker if I choose to buy one in the future?
The best thing you can do is to hire a professional cleaning service. However, if you don’t want to spend the money on it, you can try these tips:
- Cleaning products can help speed up the process of cleaning an air conditioner. As I mentioned earlier, use simple cleaning products. They contain natural ingredients that can rid your air conditioner of dirt and grime without damaging it.
- Vacuum cleaners are also helpful in removing dirt and debris before it gets trapped in your system and slows down cooling performance or even causes it to stop working altogether.
- By running your air conditioner when it’s not hot outside, you can prevent dust from accumulating inside the system, as condensation will form and dirt particles won’t settle on surfaces like they would in warmer weather.
- Change the filters frequently and monitor the level of dust particles in the air around you and how much dust is removed from the room.
Comfort you can feel, Quality you can see | Contact Air Con Cleaner
If you’re looking for professional air conditioning repair and installation in Brisbane on Queensland southside, Aircon Cleaner is the company to call.
We are one of the many popular AC cleaning companies in Australia offering services to our customers.
We can help you find a reliable AC repair expert for your home or business; whether it is a commercial or residential service, we can help you choose the expert that meets your needs.
We are proud to be a Brisbane based company with a wide range of trained and certified electricians and service technicians.